Healee (”we”, ”us”, or ”our”), operated by Eight Investments Ltd., registered in Bulgaria, company number 204190944, is a mobile software application (”Application”, ”App”) that can be downloaded and installed on your mobile phone or tablet computer (together, ”Device”).
About the App
Our services are provided through the Application, which is an online telehealth platform that allows medical experts (”Practitioners”) to communicate with you (”Patient” or ”Patients”) to provide remote medical assessments and consultations to you online, based on the health history that you report to the Practitioners (”the Services”).
We are not a medical service provider, nor a healthcare facility, and we do not provide health activities, and the medical assessments and consultations that you receive, are provided by the Practitioners who act as independent medical experts and are not dependent to Healеe (or the Company behind Healee) in any way.
How do doctor consultations work?
You send a description of your problem, along with pictures, test results and any other relevant files, and you get a response from a Practitioner (uploaded through the App), within 16 to 48 hours, depending on what delivery priority you choose. The response contains information about your condition, together with treatment advice.
We do not write prescriptions. A large number of skin conditions can be successfully treated with over-the-counter (OTC) medicines.
In the App and on our website, you may find the pricing list for the services of the Practitioners. By requesting a consultation by a Practitioner, you agree with the pricing of their services. You pay for the services of the Practitioners through the App (please see the “Pricing, payments and refunds” terms below), but you do not pay any fees to the App itself.
We hope these services will be of value to you. Please use them responsibly.
What is needed from you
You can use the App in compliance with the following rules:
- Any information you provide to a Provider, or upload to the App, is accurate.
- In case you have any concerns about the services you receive from the Practitioners through the APP or any information in the App, you should seek further medical advice from your personal doctor or another medical professional.
- You agree not to use Healee as a substitute for a primary care doctor or in-person doctor visits.
- You comply with all instructions that Practitioners give you.
- You observe any instructions about the use of any medication and/or healthcare products recommended or prescribed by a Practitioner.
- You let the Practitioner know about any adverse or unexpected effects of treatments they have recommended
Informed consent before provision of medical help
By accepting the Terms and Conditions, you declare that you have been informed about and agree with the following:
- You understand that the services, offered by the specialists, may be classified as medical and are provided remotely and without immediate contact or physical assessment. You understand that these services are not subjects to chapter 4 of the Consumer Protection Law by virtue of article 46, paragraph 1, point 1 of the CPL.
- You understand that diagnosis is provided remotely with the respective consequences and risks. The specialists will do their best to provide quality, timely and complete diagnostics, while you are informed and accept that with remote diagnostics there exists a risk of incorrect diagnosis of your condition. You are also informed that the services, provided by the specialists, do not replace personal consultations with a general practitioner or a specialist.
- You declare that you have elected to consult with the respective specialists via Healee after you have been informed about all circumstances presented in these Terms and Conditions, and being aware that there are other alternatives associated with your illness (visiting a general practitioner, visiting an outpatient care specialist, hospital care).
- You understand and agree that the specialists provide quality diagnostics and treatment of your health issue, but no guarantees of recovery.
- You understand that you are responsible to track your condition and to seek medical assistance in case complications arise, and to turn to the respective specialists if necessary.
- You agree that in the course of the consultation you may receive additional information about your diagnosis, treatment, the methods used for diagnostics and treatment, their alternatives, the risks (if any), expected results, as the consultation will be considered accepted by you, unless you expressly object.
Technical requirements to use the App
In order to use Healee, you need:
- an iOS device with iOS 9.0 or higher, or an Android device running Android v4.4 or higher
- stable internet connection
We also recommend that you always use the latest version of Healee, in order to benefit from all features and bug fixes.
How we use your personal information
How we use your credit card information
Pricing, payments, refunds
- The pricing for the services that you receive from the Practitioners through the App, is available in the App and on our website.
- The prices may be altered at any time, without prior notice. Price changes will not affect any services that you have already ordered.
- You have the responsibility and obligation to pay the price for the Practitioners’ services, which you receive through the App.
- You can pay for with a valid debit or credit card (Mastercard, or Visa).
- Once you submit your consultation request to us (once you click Send in the App), we preauthorize the respective amount on your credit or debit card. Note that preauthorization is not an actual payment - it is a verification that there are enough funds on your card. The actual payment is done once the Provider has reviewed your case and replied.
- By providing your credit card details and associated payment information on the App, you agree that you can be charged for all fees and charges due and payable for the services of the Practitioners through the App, and that no further notice or consent on your end is needed.
- You will be partially or fully refunded in case your consultation is delayed beyond the delivery priority (time period) you paid for, or your consultation is not delivered at all. For further details on refunds, please refer to our FAQs , section "In what cases can I get a refund?".
Important limitations and restrictions on the use of the App
- The services of the Practitioners which you receive through the App, are not intended for handling medical emergencies. If you are experiencing a medical emergency, you should call 112 (or your regional emergency number) or go to the nearest emergency room.
- Some health conditions are not suitable for telehealth and we advise that you read our FAQs before using our services to learn more about what Practitioners you can connect with through the App.
- These terms, the use of the App and the services of the Practitioners are governed by Bulgarian law and we take no responsibility for laws outside Bulgaria. We make no representation that all products, content or services described on or available through the App, are appropriate for use in locations outside Bulgaria. If you wish to use the App in another country, you may, but you acknowledge that you shall do so at your own risk and responsibility. You hereby agree that in case of disputes related to these terms or the use of the services available through the App, any such disputes shall be brought to a competent court in Bulgaria.
- All Practitioners who provide services via the App are independent professionals solely responsible for the services each delivers to you.
- Healee does not practice medicine or any other licensed profession, and does not interfere with the practice of medicine or any other licensed profession by Doctors, each of whom is responsible for his or her services and compliance with the requirements applicable to his or her profession and license. We don’t create any legal relationship, nor doctor-patient relationship between you and Healee (or the Company behind Healee).
- Healee shall not be liable for any professional advice you get from a Practitioner via the app.
- Healee is not a medical device. While the App may allow patients to communicate with health care Practitioners, and although some of the information within the Healee may relate to assessment of medical or health conditions or circumstances, the App is not designed, nor may you use it as, a device to detect, diagnose or treat any medical or health condition or to establish the existence or absence of any medical or health condition.
- In case you breach any of these terms when using the App, we may revoke your access to the app or deactivate your account.
You expressly agree that you accept responsibility for yourself in the use of the App and your use of the App is at your sole risk. Both the App and services are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. We expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to any warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular use or purpose, non-infringement, title, operability, condition, value, accuracy of data and system integration.
By using the App, you expressly agree that Healee does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and is a platform and infrastructure for connecting patients with independent third-party Providers (Practitioners), including doctors and other professionals. By using the App, you agree to not hold Healee liable in any way for any malpractice or substandard treatment the Practitioners may render. You expressly and specifically acknowledge and you are aware that Healee does not substitute emergency treatment and that you are not in a condition, that needs urgent medical care.
You expressly and specifically acknowledge that your health condition may worsen or deteriorate and that you remain solely responsible for monitoring your health condition and in case of need to look for and demand medical assistance.
You expressly agree that the Providers using the App are solely responsible for and will have complete authority, responsibility, supervision, and control over the provision of all medical services, advice, instructions, treatment decisions, and other professional health care services, and that all diagnoses, treatments, procedures, and other professional health care services will be provided solely by or under the supervision of the Providers, in their sole discretion, as they consider appropriate.
Limitation of liability
You expressly agree that to the extent permitted under applicable law, in no event will Healee or its officers, employees, directors, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents or licensors be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of revenues, profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses arising out of or related to your use of the App or the services, regardless of whether such damages are based on contract, tort (including negligence and strict liability), warranty, statute or otherwise. To the extent that we may not, as a matter of applicable law, disclaim any implied warranty or limit its liabilities, the scope and duration of such warranty and the extent of Healee’s liability will be the minimum permitted under such applicable law.
You expressly agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Healee, its officers, directors, employees, agents, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors, and suppliers, harmless from and against any claim, actions, demands, liabilities and settlements, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees ("Claims"), resulting from, or alleged to result from, your violation of these terms and conditions. In addition, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless your Provider(s) from and against any third party Claims resulting from your lack of adherence with the advice or recommendation(s) of such Provider.
Right to amend
At our sole discretion, we may have the right to modify, add, or delete sections of these Terms, at any particular time going-forward. We will let you know of any such changes upon next login in the platform. Following notice of any such changes, your continued use of the App and/or services will indicate your acknowledgement of such changes and agreement to be bound by the revised Terms, inclusive of such changes.
Please confirm that you are over 18 years of age.
If you use the App to receive remote medical assessment for your child, please note that the parents accept the Terms and Conditions on behalf of their children aged between 0 to 14 and together with their children, aged between 14 and 18.